Saturday, September 10, 2011

Every day I thrive is a victory in the face of terrorism. Every smile on my children' face, every beat of their hearts. Every time I triumph over the smallest challenge I give the proverbial 'finger' to the terrorists that tried both in '93 and on 9/11/01 to eliminate my future. 10 years later, if I close my eyes, I can still feel the ash on my face that looked like innocent snow. On that day I kissed innocence away that allowed me to believe for one second that it was pilot error. The day that took a nation and forever changed the balance between privacy and safety. Thank you to those who continue to fight for our freedom and our safety. And, to those who survived through that terrible day, I recognize your soul as being partly lost to that horrible act. For no one can ever recover fully in the face of such naked evil. To move past it will never be enough. To thrive is the only option. In a sudden rush, if I let myself, I can recall with stunning clarity the tragedy of a world that changed forever. If I let it, each heartbeat of fear, is one 'they' win...that pumps blood black with fear and anger for what we lost that day. For a nation of lost innocence. For a nation of penetrable borders. For a vulnerable USA. We can never forget. We can never stop...but also, we can never move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment