Monday, February 22, 2010

I hate it when they're right!

Hi everyone!

Day 16 came and went...and so did my hair...in clumps. Lots and lots.

First...my scalp itched...then I'd scratch and my hand would come away with a clump of hair. It was not as alarming as I thought. I think that the movies add significant drama to this step...but it WAS messy! And so...My friend Chastity came over with her daughter and we had bagels...and a good head shaving party complete with 'pump it up' music and a cleansing jump in the pool afterward. Race thinks I look like an old man. Josh likes it, but then confessed that he did NOT like the shorter hair I had last month to 'prep' for the shave. So, who knows the real truth.

I have about a 1/4 inch of hair left, which still comes out when I touch it...but it isn't nearly as messy, but the short hair are very itchy. Hopefully, I will be able to keep the stubble a long time, but I know that I will eventually get patchy, then have to shave off the remainder. Oh well.

I was going to attach a photo here, but it really is a shocking sight to me and I think I'll keep it to myself for a while longer. Race made me wear my wig around the house all last night. "Mama...please can you wear the wig...? I'm scared" I reassured him..."It's still mama, honey...I'm still here..."

Here's what I do know...they told it would fall out on day 16 and darnnit...wouldn't you know it that it did. I hate it when they're right!

My next round starts on Thursday. Please hope for an easy ride....!

No comments:

Post a Comment