Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Now what do I do?

First...I cried. I was scared! I didn't know what to do first! My OB/Gyn, though seemingly supportive clearly handed me off to a breast surgeon. The office called to 'see how I was' and to give me a listing of referrals, but really left me to my own devices. Luckily, one of those referrals was to an amazing surgeon, Dr Linda Liu. Now, here's a Dr who spent the time with us to explain over and over what everything meant, what path options we had and really DID hold my hand. She spent HOURS with us explaining not only her treatment recommendations but other treatments as well. For one visit I brought my best friend, Jodi, who is herself a Dr. Even she said...'WOW'. I knew that this was the Dr. for me! I did visit many other surgeons, because I knew that even if everything was spirally crazily out of control...the due diligence required for any surgery was something that I could control.

Not that everything was clear-cut and easy after that...

No comments:

Post a Comment