Monday, February 22, 2010

Don't get a kitten before you get cancer

On a lighter note...

Not that you could ever actually PLAN these sorts of things....

But, we got a kitten (Jack) about a year ago last fall. So technically Jack is a kitten for another few months. Well, I know what I 'require' from pet companionship...a loving glance, happiness for the food I provide, and the occasional cuddle no matter how bad you look or smell. Pretty much unconditional love...

Well, This crazy cat must think he's a dog, or some other feral animal...because I am lucky if one of his precious hairs touches me in the form of a floating by hairball much less letting me get an actual stroke. I have to trick him with a treat to get him to stop long enough to pet his silken fur. He isn't wild...and to be fair, when we picked him from his litter we made the deliberate choice to have an 'interactive' animal so that he wouldn't shy away from our otherwise active kids. Well...he's interactive alright...just not with me, and I want to cuddle! He is very busy...he is either a)got the fish in his mouth--no exageration--though he's always put him back in the tank to play another day b)chasing the odd balloon string across the living room on his hind legs or c)batting a feather boa off his face.

He doesn't seem to need to sleep much, nor does he require any contact with his mommy. He prefers just about ANYONE to me...including the kids, who play with him until he is trembling with cat-ness. He'd prefer to eat my wig, chase invisible bugs high on the wall or get stuffed into the kids laundry hamper...just as long as it isn't me and him being affectionate. If Josh calls him, however, he will stop whatever carousing he is doing and charge to his side. Very dog-like in this manner if you ask me...he loves, loves, loves Josh. He'll lick his face and cuddle into him in pretzel like poses. Me...I get 'the paw'. No interest.

So, if you need a COMPANION...I suggest getting either an old one who can't move fast...or one that's done everything there is to do already and can rest a bit...but not a sprightly kitten who is stimulated by the fed ex delivery driver (yes...even he gets the running to the door welcome). Pick one who is maybe hungry and you could put cat treats in your pocket to get a cuddle (I DID try this....all I got was a smelly pocket).

Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!! Thank you for sticking by us....

Hugs and Kisses to all....

No comments:

Post a Comment