Monday, February 22, 2010

Life's Perspective

On Wednesday I went to the supermarket, list in hand for a 'major' shopping expedition. As I shopped I spoke to a few friends...and before I realized it, the clock had spun away and it was time to pick Race up at the bus stop. I was really only two-thirds of the way through the grocery store, but had to make that bus. When I retrieved my little guy I let him know that I had missed a few things while shopping and so our first order of business was to head back to the store. But, when we got out of the car I got a phone call that all of my tests had come back clean and clear! We whooped it up and did a little anti-cancer dance in the parking lot. I told him that I was now cancer free and wasn't that great news! Race and I completed our shopping and when we got in the car I asked him if he'd like to share our good news with his dad!

"YES!" He answered..."I'd love to give him the great news!"

I gave him the phone and when Josh answered he excitedly said "Dada...we have great news!"

"What's that?" said Josh

"We got you bread!!!!" exclaimed Race

we laughed and cried together....

1 comment: