Monday, February 22, 2010

Angels

his has been the longest year of my life...and certainly the longest summer of my existence. Currently, I am recovering from round six and final of chemotherapy. I can't wait until the side effects are over and my body begins to recover. New hair, new nails, new cells. The last phase of my cancer treatment will be some form of estrogen repression. So, either a surgical hysterectomy, or a chemical one. Believe it or not I have my toothbrush in hand ready to get this over with! I thought I was all done when I unplugged from that last treatment, and I was definitely in shock when they told me I'd need another surgery, but now that I'm looking at my options I feel like I'm ready to go....

But, believe it or not...this is about YOU....yes, YOU. Through this broken rollercoaster ride YOU have been amazing. I have never been very good about asking for help, or relying on other people. I'm just one of those people who likes to do it herself. But each and every one of you, plus many more not included on this distribution has held me up in some way or other. Whether it was an angel on my doorstep delivering a meal, or a surprise bouquet of flowers, or even just constant emails, inquiries hopes and prayers, YOU have supported me in a way that has not allowed me to become depressed, mournful or dour. Because YOU kept me tethered to warmth, love, family and friends. Even at my lowest I still always felt boueyed by YOU. I know I can never thank you enough for all the mitzvahs (true good deeds) you have blessed our family with. Near or far, big or small, delightful all.

As I head into my LAST phase of treatment I know I can make it through to the other side and what's waiting for me there is incredible. I can't wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment